Thursday, August 30, 2012

The End of Summer


This weekend is the quasi-official end of summer and I'm sad to see it go - even though September has always been one of my favorite months.  Despite the troubles of May and June, July and August went swimmingly.  I managed through the treatments with success and, at each "third week" break from chemo, I got out of town - three times to the Cape and once to Maine.  The Maine trip, in particular, was fun as Vicki was able to join us!  She was home all summer but worked two jobs - so we didn't see her much. And now she's back at school so it's just the three of us again. 
 
I'm thankful for a peaceful summer, full of beaches and good reading.  I hope you also found some ease from your usual routine - a chance to re-charge your batteries.  I end, therefore, with the picture above - a photo I took at sunset on a quiet cove in Maine near "The Contented Sole", a restaurant with the most delectable mussels!  And just for fun, another shot below, from Back Cove, south of Damariscotta, Maine.  A typical scene on a beautiful summer day!
 



 


2 comments:

Carolyn said...

It has been a fantastic summer, and I'm so glad it's been a great one for you. Could you share the files for the two photos in this blog? I love them. Maybe I could paint one. Not that I'm any good at cranking out paintings with any speed.

Love, Carolyn

Vee said...

The photos are BEAUTIFUL!! I want to go there now! Glad to hear you had a great summer - hope to see you in September! (Dad Higgins' 85th maybe?)